10/26/2005

SPEAK NO EVIL

"Be certain about what you believe and consistent in what you say. Don't try to please everyone or agree with everything people say"
Sirach 5: 9-11

I was able to read Ms. Mika's blog 2 days ago wherein I read her post last Oct. 20 entitled "KONTROBERSYAL controversies" It was about the UAAP controversies which also involved L.a Tenorio. A certain La Sallian named Kenneth who I think is a trying hard whistleblower wannabe. He was accusing the ADMU point guard of point-shaving and game-fixing. (Mind you he didn't show his face. maybe because he has no guts and the balls to show his face on National TV)

I readily felt bad about the accusations being thrown to Mr. Tenorio. I don't see any reason for some people like Kenneth to accuse him to the fact that his school has no credibility (Sorry for the DLSU community).

Yes I am not an Atenean. People may thing I'm such a dork reacting on this.
Well I felt bad because 1.) I am such a great fan and I know how to appreciate people with such great talents. 2.) I am a human and I would definitely feel bad if these accusations will be thrown against me.
And 3. ) I am a Christian who empathizes on people that are being misjudged.

I've been in the varsity team for years and it takes much pride and honor to represent my schools in competitions. And if I were in L.A's shoes I would have gone mad!!! I really salute Mr. Tenorio for keeping his silence and being calm about the situation.

And for Kenneth here's what em' going to say:
“Speaking can bring you either honor or disgrace. What you say can ruin you. Don't be such a gossip because it’s not a good reputation. And don't you ever tell tales that will hurt other people. Would you mind me asking are you 100% sure that what your saying is true?"

Just as robbers will suffer disgrace, so liars will suffer severe condemnation. You shouldn't have said anything destructive about Mr. Tenorio whether it is insignificant or not.

Yes we have the right to express what we feel but we should bear in mind that the more we talk the more trouble it would bring. Just as what Superman said with great powers comes great responsibility. Should we realize that in everything we do or say we have to be responsible for whatever consequences it would give?

And besides it's not about winning, losing, the championship, and the honor it would bring to our school but because of the promotion of camaraderie that's why the UAAP was formed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chie23rocks. Make your own badge here.
CComical
AAltruistic
TTame
HHuge
EExhausting
RRevolutionary
IInsane
NNaughty
EExciting

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com