6/27/2006

A young man onced asked how can one really come to know a man? When can you say that this person is already mature? The wise man answered: by watching him in his cup, by his tenper, by his purse.But it should not interpreted to mean when he is drunk r when he is angry, or is arguing about money or making his living. It could mean that man's true nature is revealed in different ways. It is by the way he handles his liquor, by the way he controls his temper and the way he uses his money.

I asked myself...am I mature...?

Yes I am already in my 20's but am I really matured enough to face all the hardships in life. Yeah I can drink 5 to 6 bottles of beer, can finish a pack of cigarette in a day, can control my temper(sometimes?) I even earn my own money. But this are a few of the many basis of being mature.

For the past few months all I did was to enjoy every minute,every second of my life. Take few shots of beer, hangout with mah friends till 3 in the mornin' and play volleyball all day long. There are even times when I found myself getting so drunk and being in the middle of a fight(with friends sometimes..) In short, I've been a happy-go-lucky kinda person.

Later this afternoon my brother came. We had a very serious talk which I don't wanna give details to it. What I realized is that I've been suck a jerk...so childish.. Now only that I realized, I should be responsible. Yeah--I am working for sometime now but never did I take it seriuosly. Never did I give full attention to my work. My emotion is strong but my will is weak. If some inventor were to invent a machine that would give me a shock evertime I did something that would give me a hard time, I would probably try to short circuit the machine.

I don't know when or how will I take full responsibility in my life, but I am hoping to find the answer to this queations as soon as possible.

Probably I'd give myself sometime to be alone and think of ways on how I can handle my life as a matured person...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from chie23rocks. Make your own badge here.
CComical
AAltruistic
TTame
HHuge
EExhausting
RRevolutionary
IInsane
NNaughty
EExciting

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com